Chris’s projects for 2018 include:
- Home Movies – a collaboration withe the poet Chris Waters exploring reminiscences of early visits to the cinema, featuring poems, stories, music, photographs and film clips.
- In Our Time – a collaboration with film maker Mary Wooding and composer Chris Dumigan for a short film to commemorate the 40th Anniversary of The Brewhouse Theatre, Taunton
- The Rising – dramaturgy on this revised production from the Heather Walrond Dance Company
- Ornaments of Grace – a new novel set in Manchester between 1815 and the present day.
- Breath of Life – collaborating with Viv Gordon on a new work about breathlessness. See News for more details.
Chris’s recent projects from 2017 include:
- At the End, We Begin – mentoring and dramaturgical support for a new work by the Richard Chappell Dance, based on T.S. Eliot’s Four Quartets
- I Am Joan – re-directing this solo show by Viv Gordon, produced by Strike A Light, for its national tour in May/June 2017
- PreScribed – new solo show by Viv Gordon for this year’s Edinburgh Festival – see News for more details.
- Over The Wall Picking Apples – new one man show written by Richard Crowe, a work-in-progress shared as part of Mouth Pieces, a strand of this year’s Salisbury Festival
- Jizz – a collaboration between the poet John Davies (aka Shedman), the musician Helen Lunt and AKA Dance Company initially performed at Strode Theatre, Street and St George’s, Brighton
- Clay Connections – supporting the collaboration between Bharatanatyam dance and pottery as writer and dramaturg; the project is being led by Vidya Thiranarayan with director Tim Supple, choreographer Debbie Fionn Barr and dancers Geetha Sridhar and Marie-Gabrielle Rotie. Funding for Phase 2 has just been secured. See News for more details.
- Bonnie Bird Fund – supporting the research being carried out by award-winning artist Nicola Conibere
- Karla Shacklock – supporting her professional development including Out of the Box and new R&D at The Point
- Luke Brown – dramaturg on his two recent projects The Dandelion Child and For You I Long the Longest